HangTuff Zinc Anode is a six pound zinc hanging anode with 15 ft. vinyl coated galvanized steel cable and stainless steel plier clamp for grounding.
Hanging anodes are a very popular accessory for dockside protection. Boat owners can readily extend the life of their shaft and propeller anodes by connecting a hanging anode to a vessel’s bonding system (e.g., a shroud line on sailboats) and lowering the anode overboard into the water. Hanging anodes are strongly recommended for corrosion protection of vessels with metal hulls; sailboats with limited anodes; and power boats with outdrives and outboards.
New & Improved
HangTuff™ is a new and improved generation of hanging anodes designed to provide reliable, long-term corrosion protection. Unlike earlier products, the HangTuff's cable connection is 100% guaranteed not to fray or break during the life of the anode, and includes a stainless steel plier clamp (not copper!) that's corrosion resistant.
- Six pound overboard zinc anode with galvanized steel cable and stainless steel plier clamp for grounding.
- Threaded stainless steel rod cast into the full length of the anode's body.
- Swaged stainless steel connector that ensures the cable connection will not fray or break.
- Anode Weight: 6.25 lbs nominal, 6.0 lbs min
- Anode Dimensions: 2" diameter, 8" long. Includes plastic bump guard cap.
- Anode Connector: 304 stainless steel swaged connector
- Cable: 15 feet vinyl coated 3/16" galvanized steel cable. Flexible 6x7 rope construction. 2000 lbs breaking strength. Stainless steel plier clamp for electrical connection to boat. Compatible with #8 AWG (blue) crimp lugs.