VELOX PLUS™ Antifouling Paint
for Underwater Metals
VELOX PLUS awarded "Recommended" rating from
Practical Sailor Magazine, March 2017.
Click here to read.
- VELOX PLUS is available in either white or black.
- 0.25L of VELOX PLUS provides 30 sq-ft of coverage for one coat.
- Two coats of VELOX PLUS are required.
|TOOLS & SUPPLIES REQUIRED:|
- METAL PRIMER
- VELOX PLUS
- Personal protection (e.g., mask, nitrile gloves, etc.)
- Stirring sticks
- Sandpaper, 80 grit
- Clean rags
1. Degrease surfaces (e.g., folding/feather propellers).
2. Remove old/loose antifoulings.
3. Sand surfaces with course sandpaper.
4. Clean surfaces with acetone.
5. Apply one coat of METAL PRIMER and let dry.
6. Apply first coat of VELOX PLUS and let dry.
7. Apply second coat of VELOX PLUS and let dry.
8. Wait 12 hours before launching.
For detailed steps, click here.
Marlin Yacht Paints brochure
|Above Left Excellent antifouling protection shown at end of season after applying VELOX PLUS to propeller and strut 6 months earlier. Compare these results to the heavy fouling that occurred on the same vessel’s propeller shaft (above right) that did not have VELOX PLUS applied. Falmouth, MA – 2015
Material Safety Data Sheets
VELOX PLUS MSDS
METAL PRIMER MSDS
|Part Number Variations: Velox Plus; Metal Primer