HangTuff Hanging Magnesium Anode is two pound magnesium hanging anode that uses a crimped fitting to attach the 15 ft. vinyl coated galvanized steel cable for grounding. The anode features magnesium alloy with a galvanic voltage of -1.50v to offer the highest level of corrosion protection in freshwater water. Simply attach to the vessel’s DC ground or metal hull and hang
overboard. It’s a very effective solution for corrosion protection of
freshwater vessels, especially those with aluminum hulls, pontoons or
Highly recommended for vessels that are docked in freshwater only.
New & Improved
HangTuff™ is a new and improved generation of hanging anodes designed to provide reliable, long-term corrosion protection. Unlike other hanging anodes, the HangTuff includes a stainless steel plier clamp (not copper!) that's corrosion resistant.
- Two pound overboard hanging magnesium anode with galvanized steel cable and stainless steel plier clamp for grounding.
- Steel rod cast into the full length of the anode's body.
- Crimped stainless steel connector that ensures the cable connection will not fray or break.
- Fresh water use only.
- Anode Weight: 2.0 lbs
- Anode Dimensions: 2" diameter, 8" long. Includes plastic bump guard cap.
- Anode Connector: 304 stainless steel swaged connector
- Cable: 15 feet vinyl coated 1/8" galvanized steel cable. Flexible 7x7 rope construction. 1700 lbs breaking strength. Stainless steel plier clamp for electrical connection to boat. Compatible with #8 AWG (blue) crimp lugs.
- Check the installation instructions for outboards. PDF
Solving a Dilemma:
Q) I dock my boat in freshwater but want to spend some time with it on the ocean. Which anodes should I use, magnesium or aluminum?
A) Never use magnesium anodes on outdrives and outboards that may operate in saltwater -- they are too strong and can peel paint and damage the metal housing of the outdrive or outboard. Instead, install aluminum anodes on your outdrive for the season and when at your freshwater dock suspend a magnesium hanging anode overboard within a couple feet of the outdrive(s). This provides the corrosion protection benefits of both types of anodes.